If you want to be certified organic for the first time or if you’d like to switch your organic certification to BioGro from a different certifier please register your interest now so we can contact you.
And before you get started, chances are you’ve got some questions about what it takes to get certified. We’ve come up with a few answers below but if you need to know more please let us know.
- What's involved/required to become BioGro-certified?
- Which organic certification programme is best for me?
- Can I add extra programmes onto my BioGro certification to gain access to different international markets?
- How long does the application process take?
- Which markets can I access with BioGro certification?
- How long does it take to become fully BioGro-certified as organic if I am a primary producer?
- How long does it take to become fully certified if I'm NOT a primary producer e.g. I'm a processor:
- Can I transfer my organic certification from another certifier or programme?
- Can I get credit for already managing my property organically even if not certified?
- How much does certification cost?
- How often do I need to be audited? How much does renewal of my certification cost?
Getting certified as organic takes 4 simple steps:
Can I add extra programmes onto my BioGro certification to gain access to different international markets?
Yes, there is a number of export and IFOAM programmes you can add.
For new applications it takes approximately 2-3 months depending on how complex your operation is and if there things you need to fix before we can certify you.However if you have a more urgent deadline we are happy to discuss the option of fast tracking your application.
Renewal of your current BioGro certification is more straightforward and usually takes around 8 weeks provided you can give us all the documentation we need and there are no issues at the time of your audit.
BioGro holds all the accreditations necessary for country to country assurances and access to all key international markets including Australia, European Union, America, Canada, Japan and Asia.
Approximately 2- 3 years but this depends on which markets you want to access and therefore which programme you choose and the Organic Standards you need to meet.
In most cases you can become fully certified organic after a completing a successful audit.
Yes, it’s easy. We’ll pick up where you left off with your previous organic certifier and make sure the transition to BioGro certification is as smooth as possible. Contact us to find out more.
Yes, but you will need to document evidence to demonstrate how you have managed your property organically over the period before you apply for BioGro certification. Your auditor will review this evidence at your first audit and make a recommendation to our certification team.
It depends on the type, scale and complexity of your business, the number of markets you want to access and the organic certification programme you choose.
To find out the cost of being certified organic, please contact us and add a comment about which programme you're interested in.
To maintain your organic certification status, you need to reapply for certification and be audited annually. The cost of renewing your certification depends on which organic certification programme you choose.
To find out the cost of renewing your organic certification, please contact us.